About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

ELVIS PRESLEY'S GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH

Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley are welcoming Elvis fans from all over the world, Jan.7-10, in celebration of his 75th birthday. It is expected to be the largest crowd to ever 'grace' Graceland.

2 slices of white bread
2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
1 small ripe banana mashed
2 tablespoons bacon fat

Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the mashed banana on the other. Press the slices gently together. Melt the bacon fat over low heat in a small frying pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. Eat it with a glass of buttermilk.

It is said that Elvis ate 12-15 of these sandwiches at one sitting! So belly up!

"Well, it's one for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready,
Now go, cat, go.

But don't you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my Blue suede shoes."~Elvis Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment