About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

SAUERKRAUT SLAW

This is for my son-in-law, Wade Calhoun,(and have I mentioned that he is my favorite). He loves sauerkraut and this sweet-and-sour combination is sure to please his palate. Love you Wade.

1 (2 lb.) bag sauerkraut-drained
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced onion
1 green pepper-diced
1 jar pimentos-drained and diced
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup oil

Mix all together and refrigerate. Keeps for weeks. The longer it sits in refrigerator the better it tastes. Try this on a Reuben sandwich. Lip smacking good.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." ~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment