About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MY FAVORITE GREEK SALAD

The flavors of a Greek Salad dance and tingle across my taste buds. If I serve this salad at a dinner party, the guests usually like it better than the main coarse. Be sure and serve it with a huge chunk of crusty bread.

Dressing
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano

Salad
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 medium red onion, cut into thin rings and soaked for 10 minutes in a small bowl of ice water to make it less sharp
1 small green pepper, diced
3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
pepperoncini peppers

Directions
Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drain water from onion and pat dry with paper towels. Combine all salad ingredients except feta cheese. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle cheese over and serve.

“We were planning on coming home, making dinner and relaxing. All I remember is talking about having a Greek salad and some bread for dinner.”~Jean Giel

No comments:

Post a Comment