About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MANGO SLAW

Excellent with grilled tuna or swordfish. Papaya may be substituted for the mango.

3 large green (unripe) mangoes
1 red bell pepper-cut into 1/8-inch strips
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
4 or 5 shakes Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh away from the seed. Using a hand grater or mandolin, shred as if for coleslaw, or cut by hand into 1/8-inch strips. In a large bowl combine mango with red pepper strips. Mix the mayonnaise, sugar, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in another bowl. Add to the salad tossing well. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving.
Serves 6 to 8

"Good food...should not be regarded as a poison, a medicine, or a talisman. It should be eaten and enjoyed."-From a report of the National Academy of Sciences

No comments:

Post a Comment