About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

BEST BOILED SHRIMP

Combine 1 1/2 gallons water with 1 cup hot sauce, 1 1/2 cups liquid shrimp and crab boil, 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 large), 1 (3-oz.) pkg. Boil-in-bag shrimp and crab boil, 1/2 cup Creole seasoning, 1/4 cup salt and 5 bay leaves in a large pot, stirring well. Bring to a boil then add 3 lbs. unpeeled large fresh shrimp and cook over high heat 3 minutes, or JUST until shrimp turn pink; drain. Place shrimp immediately in a single layer over ice on a rimmed baking sheet. Let cool 5 minutes. Remove shrimp with tongs to a bowl; cover and chill. Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment