About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

PASTA PIE

Another favorite recipe of my catering clients, Pasta Pie is literally to die for and easy to make. Use Classico's tomato basil pasta sauce that you can find on your grocers shelf. Children, teenagers, and adults love this special pie.

2 1/2 cups hot, cooked, pasta (elbow, penne, or rigatoni)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. butter
1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups store-bought spaghetti sauce
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Combine cooked pasta with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and butter. Press into a buttered 9-inch pie plate, or square dish. Top with 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and drain. Add spagheti sauce and oregano; salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over the pasta. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven just to melt the cheese. Cut into wedges or squares. Serves 4 to 6
COOKS NOTE: In my humble opinion, Parmigiano Reggiano is the best parmesan cheese available. However it is expensive, though a little can go a long way. I buy small wedges of it in the grocers deli and keep it on hand to grate over pizzas, salads, ect. You can find other good parmesans hanging in the refrigerated display with the other bagged cheeses. Either one of these are exceptable and so much better than what is sold on the shelfs.

"Food is not about impressing people. It's about making them feel comfortable."
Ina Garten

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a winner alright. My kids will wolf that down in no time!

    ReplyDelete