About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

BACON and ALMOND CHEESE BALL

The flavors of this cheese ball will cause your tastebuds to explode with ecstacy.

4 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
1 cup finely chopped green onions
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
dash of salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
additional finely chopped blanched almonds, toasted

Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well. Add mayonnaise; mix well. Shape mixture into two 4-inch balls. Roll cheese balls in plastic wrap, and chill 2 to 3 hours. Serve with crackers.
Yield: Two 4-inch cheese balls

“I am committed like the hog, ... The hog supplied the bacon, you know.”~Steve Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment