About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

BROWN SUGAR ANGEL FOOD CAKE

My dear friend Ramona Odom's birthday is today and I would like to dedicate this light as a feather cake to her. She has always been an angel in my eyes.

10 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanila extract
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour

Beat egg whites and vanilla in a large mixing bowl at high speed of an electric mixer just until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Press 1 cup brown sugar theough a sieve; gradually sprinkle over egg white mixture, beating until stiff peaks form.
Sift together remaining 1 cup brown sugar and cake flour. Sprinkle flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, over egg white mixtuer, folding in gently. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Invert pan; let cool completely. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; remove from pan.
Yield: one 10-inch cake

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another."~Luciano de Crescenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment