About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

BEV'S MUSTARD PICKLED EGGS

My good friend Bev Staring lives in the Globe which is on down below where I live and we spend alot of time together riding 4-wheelers, pitching horseshoes, and of course, eating. She is one of the best cooks I know, everything she makes is wonderful and she showed up with these eggs at one of our cookouts and they are unbelievable. I never thought I would like any pickled egg better than red beet ones but these are now my favorite. Try them and they might become your favorite too.

12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. prepared mild mustard
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. celery seed
1 Tbsp. mustard seed
6 whole cloves
2 onions-sliced

Place eggs in large jar. Combine everything but onions in a pot and simmer 10 minutes. Allow to cool off then add to eggs with onions. Refrigerate several days before eating.

"The joy of being friends is just a simple code of faith and trust, a homey comradeship that stays the threatened fear of darker days; the kind of faith that brings to light the good, the beautiful, and the bright; and best and blest, and true and rare-is having friends who love and care!"~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment