About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

BACON WRAPPED APPETIZERS

Here is another one of my favorite appetizers. Fresh pineapple, pimiento-stuffed olives, shrimp, scallops, and chicken livers get wrapped up in bacon and the party gets started!

Using kitchen shears, cut partially cooked bacon slices in half crosswise or in other suitable length and wrap around any of the following foods stuck with a toothpick:

Fresh or canned pineapple chunks, well drained-fresh is best
Large pimiento-stuffed olives-well drained
Peeled clean raw shrimps-sprinkled with fresh lemon juice, salt & pepper
Raw scallops-sprinkled with lemon juice
Chicken livers-halved and sprinkled with sage, salt & pepper

Place on baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until bacon is done. Watch closely to prevent burning the bacon. We wouldn't want that now would we? Serve with the following yummy sauce:

1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup dark corn syrup or honey
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
1/8 tsp. hot sauce

Combine all ingredients in a small pan, stirring well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve warm.

“I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give.”-Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment