About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

SWEET AND SPICY BACON

As this bacon sizzles the brown sugar and cayenne create an addictive sweet-hot glaze.

1 1/2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar; rounded 1/4 tsp. each of black and cayenne peppers; 1 lb. Thick sliced bacon (about 12 slices) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper. Arrange bacon slices in 1 layer (don't overlap) on rack of large broiler pan. Bake 20 minutes. Turn slices over and sprinkle evenly with spiced sugar. Continue baking until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more (checking every 5 minutes because depending on the thickness of the bacon). Drain on paper towels.

Cooks Note: Buy the thickest bacon you can find for this recipe and watch it closely or you will have burnt bacon.
Serves 3 to 6

“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."~Doug Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment