About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

VEGETARIAN CHILI

Super quick and easy! A meal in itself when served with salad and bread.

1 (15oz.) can each of kidney beans, Great Northerns and pintos-all rinsed and drained
1 (15oz.) can black beans
2 cans stewed tomatoes-cut in chunks
1 12oz. can Mexi-Corn
2 cups tomato or vegetable juice
2 (4oz.) cans whole green chiles-sliced
1 (4oz.) can diced roasted jalapeno peppers
2 to 4 cloves of garlic-minced
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

In large pot combine all ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
Serves 6

"I wish I had time for one more bowl of chili."-Kit Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment