About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

GAIL MORGANS MUSHROOM LASAGNA

10 Tbls. Butter
2 cups mushrooms (I use a mix of Shitake and sliced button-anything works)
4 cups Fat free Half n Half and/or low fat milk (I use a mixture of both)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbls. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
about 12-16 pcs of ready to bake Lasagne noodles
1/2 cup all purpose flour

Bring milk to a simmer and set aside. Melt butter in a large sauce pan. Add flour and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly over low heat. Pour hot milk into the butter-flour mixture all at once. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook over med-low heat stirring first with a wooden spoon and then with a whisk for about 3-5 minutes, until thick-about the thickness of gravy. Set aside off the heat. Melt remaining butter in a large saute' pan. Add mushrooms and saute' until tender and browned.

Assembly:
Put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 9 X 13 oven proof pan (sprayed with PAM). Put a layer of lasagne noodles. Spoon a ladle of sauce over the noodles, add some mushrooms, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. then noodles and repeat ending with noodles topped with sauce and then sprinkle with rest of cheese.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned on top. Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting.

I have also made this the night before and covered w/plastic wrap in the frig and then baked the next day, and I have also made this and frozen it - put it in the frig the day before and let it thaw in the frig and then baked it....all ways it is very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment