About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BEV'S GARLICKY GREEN BEANS

My neighbor and friend Bev Staring has shared with us another wonderful recipe, anything she cooks is good but if she tells you it's really good; it is really, really, really good!

1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 medium head of garlic, peeled and sliced
2 (14.5 oz. cans) green beans, drained or fresh
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is best)

Melt butter in large skillet, stir in olive oil & garlic, saute over low heat until garlic is slightly browned.
Stir in green beans & season w/ salt & pepper. Cook until beans are tender,
turn off heat & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

SO YUMMY! My brother in law thinks this is all about the fresh beans I have in the garden..........I've given him the canned before....not a clue...still a hero!
Even Jaymason, mr picky...loves these..

COOKS NOTE: Thanks again Bev for sharing and don't be shy, keep sending these excellent recipes.

"The friend is the Woman who knows all about you, and still likes you."~Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927

No comments:

Post a Comment