About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

OYSTER DRESSING

I have been making this dressing for many years and it is my families all time favorite. It is moist and luscious; cooked in my largest crockpot it puffs up like a beautiful souffle.

4 cups wheat bread, crumbled
4 cups chicken or turkey broth
12 oz. fresh shucked oysters, well drained
6 cups 'Mama Joe's Cornbread"-crumbled
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
4 eggs-well beaten
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
pinch of sage

Combine wheat bread and broth; set aside for 5 minutes. Cut each oyster into quarters. Combine all ingredients; spoon into your largest crockpot. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.

" No, I do not weep at the world - I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife." ~Zora Neale Hurston

No comments:

Post a Comment