About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

EXCELLANT PIMIENTO CHEESE

This spread happens to be my favorite. Use the best cheeses you can afford. Sandwiches, stuffed celery, baked potatoes, fresh steamed broccoli, macs and cheese...you decide. The possibilities are endless.

1 lb. Wisconsin cheddar cheese-grated
1/2 lb. extra-sharp cheddar cheese-grated
1 jar chopped pimiento-drained
1/2 can diced jalapeno peppers-seeded removed
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
1 Tbsp. sugar
assorted crackers

Place the cheeses, pimientos and jalapenos in mixing bowl. With a fork, stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and sugar. Mash and blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving. Makes 2 cups.

"Never commit yourself to a cheese without first having examined it."~T. S. Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment