About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

MAMA JOE'S BUTTERMILK LEMON PIE

It seems like my Mama Joe put buttermilk in everything. Pies, biscuits, cornbread... dipped fish and chicken in it....and it was all good!

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell

Beat eggs; add next 6 ingredients, mix well. Pour into pastry shell.
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes; place foil over edges of crust, and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until set. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 1 9-inch pie (8 slices)

"Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!"~Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment