About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

UNBELIEVEABLE PUMPKIN BARS

These healthy, delicious bars are low in fat, and contain no wheat or sugar.

1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup apple, apricot, or other fruit nectar
2 cups applesauce
2 cups canned pumpkin
4 eggs
2 cups barley, rice, or oat flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 15-by-10-inch baking dish. In large bowl mix together the oil through eggs. In second bowl, combine the dry ingredients, then add to pumpkin mixture, blending well. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool then frost with the following:

Mix together 1 (8oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup applesauce, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Spread over cooled cake and cut into bars.

“Men are like pumpkins. It seems like all the good ones are either taken or they've had everything scraped out of their heads with a spoon.”~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment