About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

HOME-SPICED PEACHES

Easy and a nice accompaniment to what ever you may have on your dining table.

2 (16oz.) cans peach halves
3/4 cup brown sugar-firmly packed
2 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
1 tsp. each of whole cloves and allspice
1/2 cup vinegar

Drain peaches reserving syrup. Add sugar, vinegar and spices in saucepan. Boil 5 minutes and pour over peaches. Put in tightly sealed jar and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
Serves 4

Can use pears or other canned fruit as well.

"Old friends are a comfort to the heart. Like a favorite robe and a familiar song, they wrap you in the warmth of their presence and you understand all the words."-Pat Matusk

No comments:

Post a Comment