About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

BLACK BEANS & YELLOW RICE

This is one of my most favorite all time things...

1 med. onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
3 (15oz.) cans black beans, drained
1 (14oz.) can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups water
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. each of sugar and black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 (7oz.) pkgs. yellow saffron rice, cooked & hot
chopped green onions
sour cream

Saute onions and garlic in oil in large pot: add beans through salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Uncover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring every now and then. Serve over rice with onions and sour cream on top.
Serves 8

"Men are seldom more commonplace than on supreme occasions."-Samuel Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment