About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

CABBAGE BEAN SOUP

This is very tasty and perfect for a cold day or night. Easy!

1 small onion-diced
2 cups water
2 (14 1/2 oz. each) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes-undrained
8 oz. cooked ham-diced
1 (10oz.) pkg. shredded cabbage-or 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped
2 tsp. chili seasoning mix
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (16oz.) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained

Saute diced onion in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat until tender. Add water and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add beans; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Yield: About 7 1/2 cups

" Cabbage: a familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a man's head."~Ambrose Bierce

No comments:

Post a Comment