About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

PEACHES-AND-CREAM PIE

This is for my good friend Jo Carpenter who put a bug-in-my-ear that today was National Pie Day. She is going to be happy as a peach in cream to see this recipe! Love you Ms. Jo....best friends 4-ever.

6 fresh peaches
1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
1/2 sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup commercial sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Peel peaches and cut in half; place in pastry shell, cut side up. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small mixing bowl; sprinkle evenly over peaches. Spread sour cream over top. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over sour cream. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes; lower heat to 350, and continue baking 30 minutes.
Yield: 1 9-inch pie (8 slices)

COOKS NOTE: You can use canned peaches for this pie, but fresh ones are always best. So be sure and file this recipe away for summertime baking.

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment