About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

ROCKEFELLER SAUCE

In my humble opinion, I believe this to be the finest Rockefeller Sauce ever!

3 (10oz. bags) fresh spinach
1 bunch green onions
leaves from 1/2 bunch green celery
1 whole bulb fresh garlic-peeled and seperated
1 bunch fresh parsley
4 cups water
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated bread crumbs
1 lb. melted butter
1 jigger pernod (anise liquer)

In large pot, boil spinach, onions, celery leaves, garlic and parsley in water, 20 minutes. Drain and chop in food processor. Return to pot and add cheese, bread crumbs, and melted butter, mix well. Add pernod and stir Serve over oysters.
For 5 dozen oysters

"Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are."-Brillat-Savarin

No comments:

Post a Comment