About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

KRISTOPHER GINGERBREAD

Made my first from this-"The best gingerbread recipe ever"- with my grandson, Kristopher Lane Calhoun, on Wednesday, Jan. 4th, 2006. He helped me make it and when I gave him the bowl to lick he just oohed and ahhed and tickled my fancy.

2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
2 Tbsp. ground ginger
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
2 eggs
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar flavored Karo syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup boiling water

Blend flour with ginger and cinnamon with a wire whisk.Add the remaining ingredients being sure to add the boiling water last. Mix well. Pour into a 9-by-13 pan which has been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with LEMON SAUCE if you like.

1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1 cup boiling water
juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. butter

Mix first three ingredients and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for several minutes. Add lemon juice and rind. When slightly thickened, remove from heat and add butter.

"Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.....you may house their bodies but not their souls, for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you canot visit, not even in your dreams."-Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

No comments:

Post a Comment