About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

ORANGE LIQUEUR

Must begin 3 1/2 weeks before using............Carefully peel 3 medium oranges; remove rind only and leave inner white membrane on fruit. Cut orange peel in 2-by-1/4inch strips. Reserve oranges for other use. Combine 3 cups good brandy and orange peel in a tightly covered jar. Let stand 3 weeks at room temperature. Remove orange rind and stir in 1 cup honey. Let stand 3 days. Strain off clear liquid; store in airtight container. Reserve cloudy portion for cooking.
Yields: About 4 cups

“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”~Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment