About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

CROCK-POT APPLE PIE

Jimmie Daniels of Newland, NC, shared her recipe with us for this different version of apple pie. I am going to try it today. Thanks Jimmie not only for sharing this recipe with us, but for your friendship through all of these years.

8 tart apples peeled and sliced
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Bisquick

Topping:

1 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp cold butter
Spray crockpot with Pam

Toss apples in a large bowl with spices place in the crockpot. Combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup Bisquick. Spoon over apples.
Combine 1 cup Bisquick and brown sugar. Cut the cold butter into the mixture until it is crumbly. Sprinkle this on top. Cover and cook on low until apples are soft.
Sometimes I add a little apple juice if I am using a variety of apple that cooks dry.

“Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.”~Elie Wiesel

No comments:

Post a Comment