About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MUCH ADMIRED GUACAMOLE

Always a hit on your table.

8 Haas avocados (dark green small)
4 ripe medium tomatoes-seeded and cut in 1/4-inch dice
1 small red onion-diced
2 fresh jalapenos-seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro-chopped
salt to taste
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream

Peel and pit the avocados and mash the pulp to a chunky consistency.Use a wooden spoon or a potato masher. Add tomatoes, onions and peppers. Stir in lime juice, cilantro and salt. Fold in the mayo to keep guacamole from discoloring. Place in an earthenware or ceramic serving dish; make an indentation in the center and spoon in sour cream. Serve with corn tortilla chips. Makes 4 to 4 1/2 cups.

COOKS NOTE: Sometime if you have half of an avocado leftover, for instance I like avocado in my salads and sandwiches, place the pit back in it and cover with plastic wrap and place back in fridge. This will help to retard discoloration. If the surface should turn brown just scrape it off. Good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment