About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

BLACKBERRY CREAM PIE

“Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God; But only he who sees, takes off his shoes - The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.”~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

1 cup sugar
1 (8-oz.) carton sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 cups fresh blackberries
1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Combine first 4 ingredients; stir well.
Place blackberries in pastry shell; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over berries. Combine breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until center of pie is firm.
Yield: 1 9-inch pie

No comments:

Post a Comment