About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

CARAMEL FROZEN DESSERT

If you are asked to 'bring dessert', this one will flip everybody's trigger!

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 sticks butter-melted
1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream or vanilla

Mix brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, pecans and butter until it is like a cookie dough. Spread on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees. While still hot, crumble. Spread half of crumbs over the bottom of 9-by-13 pan. Drizzle with 1 cup of the Butter Rum Sauce. Slice the ice cream and place in pan. Top with remaining crumbs. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Freeze

BUTTER RUM SAUCE
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. rum flavoring or rum to taste

Combine brown sugar, flour and salt. Stir in water. Add milk and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in butter and rum flavoring. Makes 2 cups. Entire recipe will serve 12 to16 according to how you slice it.

"These are a few of my favorite things."-Mary Poppins

No comments:

Post a Comment