About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

SWEET POTATO SALAD

Not what you are expecting...definately different and so good it can pass for dessert. Serve it on your Thanksgiving table. Everybody loves it.

1 cup flour
1 stick butter-softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
8oz. softened cream cheese
8oz. Cool Whip-thawed
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups cooked, mashed, sweet potatoes
1 stick butter
1 egg-beaten
2 Tbsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar

Combine flour and butter. Add pecans. Press in the bottom of a 9-by-13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, cool.
Combine next 3 ingredients. Spread on top of cooled crust. In a saucepan combine remaining ingredients. Cook over medium to medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes, being careful to not scorch. Cool, then spread over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate and serve cold.

"Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so."

No comments:

Post a Comment