About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

DIVINE COCONUT CAKE

This for my sweet friend Carol Lynn Loven. Make this 3 days ahead of time because that is how long it has to sit in the refrigerator before you can dig in to it; and dig you will! It truly is DIVINE!

1 box butter cake mix
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cups sour cream
4 cups fresh coconut-grated, or 2 (6oz.) pkgs. frozen-thawed
1 (9oz.) Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake according to directions on package.
Spoon batter in to 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pans 12 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
Split cake layers in half. Combine sugar, sour cream and coconut. Reserve 1 cup for frosting. Spread remainder between layers, split side up. Combine reserved 1 cup with Cool Whip. Blend until smooth. Spread on top and sides of cake. Seal in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 days and 3 nights prior to serving.
Moist & Luscious! Makes a great Holiday cake. Be sure to let it sit in the fridge for the 3 full days. The longer it sits the better it gets.

“Eat coconuts while you have teeth”-Singhalese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment