About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

BACON RUM NUTS

1/2 lb. bacon
8 oz. water chestnuts
1/4 cup dark rum
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Marinate water chestnuts in rum and soy sauce for one hour, turning frequently. Roll each chestnut in sugar. Coat well. Cut 4 bacon slices in half. Then cut lengthwise in halves to make 16 strips. Wrap bacon around chestnuts and secure with toothpicks. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes. Drain well and serve hot.
Yields: 16 rum nuts

“Of all the lessons in life that I've learned the hard way, the ones involving frontal nudity and hot bacon grease seem to be the most enduring."~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment