About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

MY VERY FAVORITE CORNBREAD

Saute 1 lb. cleaned, cooked, diced shrimp and 1 lb. crab claw meat with 1 chopped sweet onion and 2 or 3 pods of jalapeno peppers in 1 stick real butter in large cast iron frying pan..........Mix 2 cups self-rising white flour, 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl.....stir in 1 cup buttermilk, 1 cup sour cream and 2 eggs.....add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1 cup mexi corn-well drained, along with the seafood mixture until well blended, but don't over beat......pour back into pan and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

“Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner.”~Lynda Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment