About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BLACK BEAN SOUP

Dated Oct. 29th, 2009-A lady that was staying here at the Dickson Cottage where I work brought this soup for yesterday's lunch. It's supper easy to make and was very good. It was my job to warm it up and serve it and a taste test had me adding salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth...oh yeah and some shots of Tabasco. They all had a fit over it and wrote the recipe down. I myself would throw an onion and some celery in while browning the ground beef. Enjoy!..............Brown 1 lb. Ground sirloin and drain any fat off. Add 1 can Progresso Black Bean soup, 1 can Progresso black beans (rinsed and drained), 1 1/2 soup can of water and 1 cup Pace's medium salsa. Cook 15 to 20 minutes then add 2 teaspoons lemon juice.

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."~Harriet van Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment