About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

RUSSIAN TEA FROM SCRATCH

RUSSIAN TEA from scratch..........Boil 1/2 gallon water with 3/4 cup sugar and 12 whole cloves for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 3 regular size tea bags; steep 5minutes. Add the juice of 2 lemons and 1 cup each of orange and pineapple juice. Heat to desired temperature for serving.
Serves 12

“If Russians knew how to read, they would write me off”~Catherine The Great

1 comment:

  1. My Grandmother use to make this tea for her church club's Harvest Tea. I haven't had it in over 30 years and I am so glad to find a recipe that is from scratch and not using instant powdered drinks (blah). Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete