About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

CROCK-POT APPLE BUTTER

Dated Oct. 29th, 2009...My Gragg apple tree was loaded last year and I made a run of this applesauce and it was sooo good. Didn't have any apples this year but thought some of you might so I am sharing it with you here. Slicing the apples thin is the hardest part when filling up a large crockpot but believe me that it is worth it. ......Peel and core apples, slice thin, fill crockpot completely full. Mix 2 cups sugar or 24 small packs of Splenda with 3 tsp. Ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. Ground cloves, and 1/4 tsp salt. Pour over top of apples. Don't add any water. Cook on High 6 to 7 hours then whisk until no lumps remain. You can then can it or freeze it. I froze mine in qt. freezer bags and it turned out really good.

"A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible."~Welsh Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment