About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

CINNAMON STICK TEA

Cinnamon is showing up in more places than just our kitchens. Drug and Health Food stores are sporting jars of Cinnamon pills and boxes of Cinnamon Tea.
Evidence continues to build of its medicinal properties. It is suggested to boost brain function-particularly with respect to memory; lower cholesterol; and control blood sugar levels.
Drinking cinnamon stick tea would be an excellant way to reap the health benefits from the bark of this tropical evergreen tree.

TO MAKE TEA:
Break 1 cinnamon stick into 2 or 3 pieces and place in a teapot. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil, starting with cold water. (Never reheat water that has been boiled as this will make the tea taste flat.) Pour the boiling water over the cinnamon in teapot and cover with lid. Allow to steep for 10 full minutes.
Pour into your favorite tea cup and add a smidgeon of honey and a twist of lemon.

"Nose, nose, jolly red nose, Who gave thee this jolly red nose? Nutmegs and ginger, cinnamon and cloves, And they gave me this jolly red nose.~anon

No comments:

Post a Comment