About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

THAI SHRIMP WITH CASHEWS

Thai food is one of my most favorites and this is one of my all time favorites.

1/2 lb. finely chopped, cooked shrimp or 1 lg. chicken breast cooked and chopped
1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1 cup peeled and shredded carrots
1 cup finely chopped Chinese (bok choy) or regular cabbage
1/4 cup finely chopped cashews
2 tsp. corn oil
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, carots, cabbage and cashews.
Combine oils in large skillet over medium heat. Add seasonings and saute 1 minute, stirring. Add shrimp mixture and saite just until heated through, no more than 5 minutes.

Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold. Can use as a filling for little biscuits or put it over rice.
"Familiarity breeds contempt-and children."-Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment