About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MARVELOUS MUSHROOMS

Easy..prepare ahead..I love these better'n sliced bread.

3 lbs. fresh mushrooms-caps or whole
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup salad oil
1 small onion-sliced in rings
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. prepared mustard-that's the one in the bottle in your fridge
1 tsp. brown sugar

Mix the mushrooms with all of the above ingredients in a large pot. Boil for 3 minutes; drain and discard liquid. Place mushrooms in a large bowl.

1 1/3 cups red wine vinegar
1 1/3 cups salad oil
3 small onions-sliced in rings
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1 Tbsp. brown sugar

Combine the above and pour over the mushrooms. Marinate at room temperature until cool. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving. Keeps indefinitely in refrigerator. Do not worry your pretty little heads over the indefinite part because they are not going to make it that long.
Yield: 1 qt.

"A friend loves at all times."-Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment