About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Buck's Frittata




It seems that I have impressed some folks with my Frittata to the point I have been asked for the recipe. I’m flattered ! Here it is!

Ingredients:
8 Large Eggs
3 Roma Tomatoes ( reserve one for garnish)
1 Medium Onion
5 Button Mushrooms w Stems (reserve one for garnish)
5 Slices Turkey Bacon or the real thing if you like. Precook. (reserve one slice for garnish)
½ pound of Monterey Jack Cheese (reserve half for garnish)
8 tablespoons of milk, one per egg
½ teaspoon of salt
1 stalk of celery
½ teaspoon of fresh ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon each of Cumin and Basil
Parsley Flakes for garnish

Break all the eggs into a large bowl. Add the milk. Dice all the vegetables not reserved for garnish and combine with the eggs and milk. Grate the cheese, reserving some for garnish. Combine with the eggs and milk. Slice all the mushrooms lengthwise and put into the same bowl with the eggs setting aside some slices of Mushroom for garnish. Add the Pepper, Salt, Cumin, and Basil to the mixture. Stir to combine all ingredients.

Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F. . Coat a 10 inch Iron Skillet with oil, butter or a non-stick spray. Fill the Skillet with the Frittata mixture and bake in Oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with reserved ingredients for garnish. Return to the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Buck! I knew you could do it...thanks so very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete