About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MY FAVORITE MUSHROOM SOUP

This is one of my favorite mushroom soups of all time. It is not only delicious but healthy. Use mushrooms listed or use whatever you have or like.

6 cups chicken broth
1 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
1 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced (if you can't find crimini use white button)
1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (your choice)
1 (3 1/2 oz.) package fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 (3 1/2 oz.) package fresh oyster mushrooms
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in large soup pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. How easy is that?
Yield: 2 quarts
Per Serving: 8.5 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fat; 1.4 g fiber; 0mg cholesterol; 80 g sodium

“I am... a mushroom; On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then.”~John Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment