About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SAUTEED ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS

Serve these onions and mushrooms over cube steak or a big fat juicy rib-eye.
2 large sweet onions, sliced
1 lb. whole fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
soy sauce to taste
garlic powder to taste
Italian seasoning to taste
pepper and seasoned salt to taste
sherry to taste (optional)

Cut each onion slice in half. Place mushrooms on cutting board, cap side down; cut into quarters through stems. Heat large skillet over high heat; add butter and onion; saute quickly until onions are soft. Add mushrooms; add all other ingredients to taste. Stir quickly over high heat. Cook until done, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.

Serves 4 to 6.


"When I behold a fashionable table set out in all its magnificence, I fancy that I see gouts and dropsies, fevers and lethargies, with other innumerable distempers lying in ambuscade among the dishes. Nature delights in the most plain and simple diet. Every animal but man keeps to one dish. Herbs are the food of this species, fish of that, and flesh of a third. Man falls upon everything that comes in his way; not the smallest fruit or excrescence of the earth, scarce a berry or a mushroom can escape him."~Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment