About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

BOOTLEG BLACK BEAN & CORN SALSA

A delightfully colorful change to traditional salsa! Serve with blue, red and white tortilla chips.

16 oz. can black beans
2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernals
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped ripe tomatoes, drained

Combine beans through cumin in large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill overnight. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes. Serve with tortilla and/or corn chips.

"I do not like football, which I think of as a game in which two tractors approach each other from opposite directions and collide. Besides, I have contempt for a game in which players have to wear so much equipment. Men play basketball in their underwear, which seems just right to me."~Anna Quindlen, Living Out Loud, 1988

LOL...I like this Anna person!

No comments:

Post a Comment