About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Grandmother Paul's Sour Cream Pound Cake

Adapted from http://www.oprah.com/food/Grandmother-Pauls-Sour-Cream-Pound-Cake

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
3 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together; add sour cream. Sift flour and baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.

"Everyday you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good one."~Paula Deen

No comments:

Post a Comment