About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

CHOCOLATE BUTTERMILK POUND CAKE

This is one of the best pound cakes you will ever chance to meet!

8 (3/4oz.) Hershey chocolate bars
1 (5 1/2 oz.) can chocolate syrup
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
4 big eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In top of double boiler, over warm water, melt chocolate bars in syrup; cool.
Using electric mixer, cream butter, add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix soda and buttermilk; add, alternating with flour, to creamed mixture.
Add cooled chocolate; stir in vanilla, mix well. Place in greasesd and floured tube or bundt pan. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely.

"I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert."~Jason Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment