About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

BEID MASLUQ (Hard-Cooked Eggs with Cumin and Coriander)

The people of the Mediterranean love eggs. Street vendors sell them hard-cooked for dipping into spicy mixtures. They are considered appetizer, lunch or dinner items as opposed to the Americans breakfast fare.

1 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 tablespoon coarse salt
6 hard-cooked eggs, cut into halves or quarters

In small dry pan over medium heat, combine the coriander and cumin seeds and toast, stirring or shaking the pan, until fragrant, just a few minutes. Transfer to a mortar and crush with a pestle, or grind in a spice mill.
Place in a shallow bowl and stir in the salt. Each diner dips the egg pieces into the spiced mixture.
Serves: 6

“Exercising and eating a Mediterranean-style diet will improve your changes of staying healthy, regardless of your cholesterol.”~John Abramson

No comments:

Post a Comment