About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

THAI SHRIMP & SESAME NOODLES

Alright, this is it, our all time favorite dish. Everything that is in it works for me all the way around. Exotic is my word for it. Just one bite and you will fall in love.

1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
8 oz. Newman's oil and vinegar dressing
2 Tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
8 oz. angel hair pasta
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro

Mix the shrimp with 1/2 cup of Newman's dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Whisk the peanut butter through red pepper with the remaining dressing. Prepare pasta to al dente. Heat the oils until very hot. Cook carrot 1 minute. Drain shrimp and add it with onion to the carrot and cook 3 minutes. Toss the pasta with the peanut mixture, shrimp and cilantro. Better the next day! Serves 4.

"“The wildest thing I ever did was, one night at a Thai restaurant in Paris, I got wasted and stood up on a table full of food and sang? I Will Survive.? It was during a modeling industry dinner, so all the bigwigs from my agency were there with a bunch of clients. I know it was inappropriate, but it probably helped my career!”-Charlotte Dodds

No comments:

Post a Comment