About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

PUMPKIN CRUNCH (Nov. 28th, 2009)

Melonye Trivett November 28 at 7:04pm
Adele, This is a delicious dish I had on Thanksgiving. From one of my good friends, she's from down east. LaGrange NC. Try it you might just lovvve it, I did!


well, ladies i don't know who the goins are but, i do know you are going to get fat if you eat a lot of this yummy dessert.

Pumpkin Crunch

3 eggs
2 cups fresh cooked pumpkin or one 15 oz can of pumpkin(they recommend libby's)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon

1 cup sugar
1 lrg can pet evaporated milk(12 oz)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (i used pecans)
2 sticks of margerine

Icing:
8 oz pkg cream cheese
3/4 of a small container of cool whip
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

Instructions:

Mix together first 5 ingredients and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over the mixture in the pan. Add nuts over the top of cake mix. Pat down nuts and cake mix until it is fairly level in the pan.

Melt margarine, let melted margarine cool and then pour over the mixure. Bake on 350 for 50-60 minutes. (it took 60 minutes for me and i started with no foil, but then added some because it was getting to done on top...but, you could reverse that)

Let it cool and then frost. Better if chilled before you serve.

"O, my Luve is like the Melonye, That's sweetly played in tune. - Robert Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment