About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

COOKIES-N-CREAM CAKE (Dated Dec. 4th, 2009)

Today is my daughter-in-law Tonya Oakes Forbes birthday and this cake is for her. She is married to my son Joshua and they have two beautiful and sweet girls, Trinity & Josalyn. Welcome to Facebook Tonya, I wish for you the most wonderful day!

1 pkg. white cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup canola oil
3 egg whites
1 cup coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies

In large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently fold in crushed cookies. Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.

FROSTING:
1/2 cup shortening
4 to 4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Oreo cookies-whole and crushed

Beat the shortening, sugar, milk,and vanilla in another large bowl until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Decorate the top with whole cookies and the bottom half of sides with crushed cookies.
Serves 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment