About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FABULOUS FLAN

A new take on an old dish. Rich and sultry!

4 eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark brown sugar

Beat eggs in mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add condensed milk, water and vanilla. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar into each of 6 custard cups. Pour the egg mixture carefully over the brown sugar. Arrange cups in a pan of water. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Unmold onto serving plates. Garnish each with a fresh strawberry.

"Flan is a very sweet, caramelly delicious dessert. Try it next time, unless you are diabetic."~Borrego

2 comments: